[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Re: Socket keep alive with client EJB and RMI over HTTP

ron.sigal@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 20 17:48:45 EDT 2008

Hmm.  I don't really know what's happening.  On the client side the HTTP transport uses a java.net.HttpURLConnection, and on the server side it uses a Tomcat Coyote Connector (http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-4.1-doc/config/coyote.html), so Remoting doesn't have a lot of control over the use of connections.  Note that the keep-alive mechanism is implementation dependent, so there's no guarantee about how long connections will remain open.

One thing you could try is setting the "timeout" parameter in the EJB3 Connector.  E.g.,

  |    <mbean code="org.jboss.remoting.transport.Connector"
  |           name="jboss.remoting:type=Connector,name=DefaultEjb3Connector,handler=ejb3">
  |       <depends>jboss.aop:service=AspectDeployer</depends>
  |       <attribute name="InvokerLocator">socket://${jboss.bind.address}:3873/?timeout=300000</attribute>
  |       <attribute name="Configuration">
  |          <handlers>
  |             <handler subsystem="AOP">org.jboss.aspects.remoting.AOPRemotingInvocationHandler</handler>
  |          </handlers>
  |       </attribute>
  |    </mbean>

This configuration would set the socket timeout, on both the client and server side, to 5 minutes.  Just a thought.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4159684#4159684

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4159684