[jboss-user] [JBoss Getting Started Documentation] - Getting started with JBoss4.0 - Ant Build Error

anupjani do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Jun 22 02:34:12 EDT 2008

Hi.
I was following this tutorial to try Duke's Bank Application on JBoss4.
After downloading & unzipping j2ee-1_4-doc-tutorial_7.zip I copied examples folder into ${jboss.home}/server/myconfig. Then changed build.properties to set jboss.home path as "C:\JBoss4".
And ran following ANT command: C:\JBoss4\server\myconfig\examples\bank>ant -f build.xml compile.

The build fails with java.lang.NullPointerException showing a window popup dialog saying

---------------------------
16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem
---------------------------
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntvdm.exe
Error while setting up environment for the application. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.
Close   Ignore

Even after clicking on Ignore the build fails.

I ensured there is no problem in build.properties. I ran each command (i.e. variable setting) one by one on command prompt & it came out all fine.

I have never faced this error before.
Please help.

Anup Jani

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4159761#4159761