[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Re: Is JCA clustered?

jorgemoralespou_2 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 26 04:26:11 EDT 2008

Yes. Here it goes.

1- We have 2 node cluster accesing an Ldap backend via JCA conx. (node-1, node-2)
2- Our Ldap server is restarted (due to maintenance)
3- We have a bug in our Ldap JCA conector, that doesn't detect invalid conections. So no reconnection happens.
4- In this point, bot nodes (node-1 and node-2) don't have valid connections in pool.
5- We undeploy and redeploy ldap datasource in node-1, which makes old connections die, and creates new connections.
6- In node-2 Ldap recreates connections succesfully. (Note we haven't touched this server at all)

This same behaviour has also happened with JMS jca connector, but we have this configured as clustered, so, somehow can be normal.

Is it more clear now?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4160766#4160766

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4160766