[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Re: IDE for JBoss Portlet development (2.6.4)

max.andersen@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 4 09:08:12 EST 2008

First of...Portal is one of the missing features we have. Contributions welcome.

"adesai at atech.com" wrote :
  | 1. Eclipse Portal Pack - comes with Glassfish app server. Can I change it to JBoss? And Can I configure to start/stop JBoss Portal Server from it?

I actually haven't heard about Eclipse Portal Pack before now. From the description on their webpage they should be generic enough to be usefull with JBoss....Let us know!

anonymous wrote :
  | 2.  JBoss Dev Studio - (I'm even ready to buy if it's less than $200.00)  But can I do portlet development and start/stop JBoss Portal Server from it and deploy portlets to the JBoss portal Server (from IDE, just like RAD)?

start/stop/deploy to the server generically yes.

Specific portal features no. not at this point.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4133909#4133909

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4133909