[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: reading didn't help

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Mar 9 10:27:37 EDT 2008

"hate_rtfm_rafb" wrote : Well, I read the installation guide on here for Windows XP, it says you can put Jboss Files ANYWHERE, there's another guide on here that says you can't put it anywhere, especially not "program files".

Its recommended that you dont install JBoss in folders which have a space in their path name. Not just JBoss, but other Java installations too show up weird errors when least expected, if you have them installed in such folders.

"hate_rtfm_rafb" wrote :
  |  I also read ANT is optional so I didn't install.

That's correct, you dont need ANT to run JBoss.

"hate_rtfm_rafb" wrote :
  |  i'm not gonna repeat the instructions i followed i've already read them, followed them etc.

Sometimes, even after following the instructions, there are chances that you might have missed something or done something wrong. If you post the details then someone here might be able to point you in the right direction. Please let us know which version of JBoss, Java you are using. What have you set JAVA_HOME to? What does the following command print?

echo %JAVA_HOME%

"hate_rtfm_rafb" wrote :
  | Doesn't start the server with run.bat.

Do you see any errors on the console or anything in the server.log file (which is located at %JBOSS_HOME%\server\< serverName>\log folder)? Please post the logs here.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4135147#4135147

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4135147