[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Auto-login on JBoss Portal

sbiwal do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 11 22:34:50 EDT 2008

Thanks a lot.
I was able to successfully create a custom tomcat valve (code attached below). This even allowed automatic login to my user and displayed the default page as "User logged in: ". However I think this user is still not authorized to access anything that is below the /auth access.

When I call the this.container.getRealm().authenticate method in the valve I am forwarded to the JBossSecurityMgrRealm.authenticate method. In this method, the securityCtx object is null and so I just get a null from the function. I think this is the problem why my users are not being authorized.

Can you please shed some light as to where I could be going wrong.

So in short all I have changed in the Jboss AS code is adding this custom valve and changing the server.xml
I have not changed anything in the Jboss Portal code at all.

/*

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4135811#4135811

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4135811