[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: clustered messages stuck on queues

dave_lund do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 13 11:48:50 EDT 2008

Our attempt at copying the batching in the Bridge class has hit a bit of a problem. Our version didn't work as even though all messages were passed through and processed (and commited), some processed messages were still visible in the database after, and were re-processed after a jboss restart. These lingering messages were always the first message in the messages collection per transaction. In the jmx-console the messages are marked as currently being delivered, but the bridge believes (and rightly so) that it has delivered all messages

Hence we have created a test based on the Bridge class, all we have changed is the jboss logger to become an apache logger, and instead of the ConnectionFactoryFactory and DestinationFactory jndi wrappers we're  just passing the ConnectionFactory/Destinations directly. Messages are read off a test queue and then put on the dead letter queue after.

Our test uses a queue with the following config on the queue:
clustered=true, maxdeliveryattempts=1

The connectionFactory (we were using ClusteredConnectionFactory) has:
supportsfailover=true, supportsLoadBalancing=true,prefetchsize=1000.

The Bridge class is created using:
new Bridge(getConnectionFactory(), getConnectionFactory(), getQueue("queue/testingQueue"), getQueue("queue/DLQ"), null, null, null, null, null, 1000, 10, Bridge.QOS_ONCE_AND_ONLY_ONCE, 100, 1000, null, null, false);

The connection factories are the same, so that local tx's are used.

This is happening consistently, 5 messages in 1000 so I think it probably more likely mis configuration than anything else. The environment remains the same as earlier in the post (Jboss AS 4.2.2.GA and JBM 1.4.0.SP3 backed by a mysql 5 database and JRE 6 on a debian OS)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4136342#4136342

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4136342