[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: Tomcat status?

boardtc do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 31 12:02:28 EDT 2008

"PeterJ" wrote : Tomcat is a web server, not an application server.  In simple terms, a web server supports JSPs and servlets, while an application server also supports EJBs and a whole set of other Java EE technologies. The embedded Tomcat supplies the JSP and servlet support for JBossAS.

Thanks for the explanation. I notice in my server trace that TomcatDeployer look after the wars and ears, how does that fit in with tomcat dealing with jsps/servlets?

Cheers, Tom.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4140219#4140219

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4140219