[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Re: Trying to Connect JBoss SSO to Oracle Federation Server

sohil.shah@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 1 06:15:33 EDT 2008

breynolds-

anonymous wrote :
  | If we don't have the ability to perform that trust handshake, does that mean we won't be able to connect those servers right now? So far they are not connecting and I'm wondering if that's the reason.

Yes in the CR1 release that you are using, this is the reason why they are not talking to each other.

The next release will improve the "Trust Handshake" pluggability using the concept of a "Trust Plugin" which can then interoperate with other Federation Servers. The functionality is in fact implement on the svn trunk. http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/jboss-sso/dev/trunk/

btw- do you know what is the purpose of the "username" and "password" that the Oracle Server needs to work with the JBoss Federation Server.

1/ Is it used while "pushing" the token to the JBoss Federation Server (in which case its not needed and you can leave it blank)

or

2/ While making a "Trust handshake" callback to the JBoss Server when JBoss Server pushes the token over to the Oracle server

Also, can you post the SAML token that is generated by the Oracle server and pushed to the JBoss Server?

I apologize for all the questions, but I am very interested by this usecase, and Federation Server interoperability is key to the usefulness of SAML and de-centralized SSO

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4148083#4148083

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4148083