[jboss-user] [JBoss AOP] - JBoss AOP in an Eclipse plugin

federico.dalmaso do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 7 07:14:10 EDT 2008

I developed a plugin (say A) for Eclipse 3.3 contains some aspects (by annotation approach)

Other plugin (say B) need to be instrumented by aspects defined in plugin A.

I try to apply weaving at load time by javaagent, and to compile plugin B using aopc ant task. In the last case bytecode is correctly instrumented but in any case the interceptors are not called.

If I merge code in the same plugin it works.

I suppose there are some issues related to eclipse classloading mechanism.

Note: I configure the plugin A with "Eclipse-BuddyPolicy: registered" and plugin a with "Eclipse-RegisterBuddy: pluginA_Symbolic_name"

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4149062#4149062

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4149062