[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - scheduled service not running after porting to 4.2.2

AndrewThio do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 9 05:36:22 EDT 2008

Hi Everyone
I just took over from my predecessor.  As part of my learning & also to support an application, I have been migrating from JBoss4.01 to JBoss4.2.2.

I thought that I had successfully got my applications running but have just realised that my scheduled services dont seemed to be running.

The jboss-service.xml for this sar file is
<server>
  | <mbean code="org.jboss.varia.scheduler.Scheduler"
  |    name="waycopConn:service=ClearReversal">
  |    <attribute name="StartAtStartup">true</attribute>
  |    <attribute name="SchedulableClass">sg.com.waysystems.waycopConn.scheduler.CleanReversal</attribute>
  | <!--
  |    <attribute name="InitialStartDate">1/1/2001 1:00 am</attribute>
  | -->
  |    <attribute name="InitialStartDate">NOW</attribute>
  |    <attribute name="SchedulePeriod">120000</attribute>
  |    <attribute name="InitialRepetitions">-1</attribute>
  |    <depends>
  |      <mbean code="javax.management.timer.Timer" name="jboss:service=MyServiceTimer"/>
  |    </depends>
  |  </mbean>
  | </server>
I have checked from jmx console that both the beans have started:
- ClearReversal
- MyServiceTimer

Despite this, ClearReversal doesnt seem to run (I have some debug messages & they are not appearing in the server.log)

I have tried looking in the config manual & on the Web but can't seem to find what other configurations are supposed to be added (many of the examples on the web are similar to my config)

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I need to set?

(By the way, the same SAR file runs fine under jBoss4.0.1 also on JRE1.6)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4149693#4149693

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4149693