[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - jBPM with VCS as backend?

jcantonio do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat May 10 14:39:22 EDT 2008

Hello,

I am evaluating jBPM to use with a version control system (VCS).
I know that jBPM is designed to be used in conjunction with hibernate, but I would like to replace the RDBMS by the version control system repository. (at least for task and process instances and process definitions)
The process definition can easily be stored in the VCS and then parsed and loaded.
The tricky part comes with  processInstances and taskInstances.
I could try  to store these as "work items" in the VCS (like a tupple + attributes in a RDBMS).

What is the most appropriate way to implement this?
- replace TaskMgmtSession and GraphSession but my own Class to retrieve tasks and processintances?
- or work on the hibernate level and create a custom  EntityPersister to access the VCS.

Also I wonder how it could work with concurrency (as i does with hibernate).
Say user1 finishes his task.
taskInstance1.end()
at the same time user2 finishes his.
taskInstance2.end()
now the processinstance should move automatically to the next stage.

Thank you in advance for your help.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4149940#4149940

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4149940