[jboss-user] [JBoss AOP] - Re: Dynamic AOP and User-Defined Class Loader

flavia.rainone@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue May 13 14:10:28 EDT 2008

anonymous wrote : I tracked the error, and found ScopedClassPool returned by javassist is empty

Yes, that's exactly what I thought was happening.
I am afraid that JBoss AOP is getting confused when it assumes that, if your class loader is able of loading a class, it should be able of returning the class file resource url through getResource. Please, confirm that this method is being called. Just overwrite it with something like this:

  | public URL getResource(String name)
  | {
  | (new Exception()).printStackTrace();
  | return super.getResource(name);
  | }

And let me know, if it does get called, the stack trace you're getting. (it will probably start with a call from AOPClassPool.isLocalResource method).

Another interesting test would be to replace compile-time weaving (with aopc) by load-time weaving (with -javaagent option enabled). If my theory is right, the bug won't happen in load-time weaving.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4150483#4150483

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4150483