[jboss-user] [JBoss AOP] - How to debug dynamic AOP that is not working for some classe

Horiana do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 14 16:34:21 EDT 2008

Hi,

I have been trying to get dynamic AOP to work on our custom classes, but could not.

My environment: JBoss AS 4.0.5, JBoss AOP 1.5.6 GA, JDK 1.5, loadtime weaving

Dynamic AOP works for the following:
1. aopexample.ear - "injboss" example in the tutorial - deploying ear with standard contents and a standalone jboss-aop.xml
  - Modifying jboss-aop.xml in deploy/ directory directly, to add and remove bindings produces more or fewer logs showing more or fewer interceptions.
  - It still works when ear is exploded, the war in it is also exploded, and aopexamplelib.jar is copied to aopexample.war\WEB-INF\lib as well.

2. custom.ear with ejb1.jar, ejb2.jar, lib1.jar, lib2.jar, app.war and myaspect.jar.  The ear and war are both exploded.  There is a test.jsp in the war that executes sample classes in myaspect.jar.  Using  in the standalone jboss-aop.xml before JBoss startup:
<prepare expr="execution(* com.mypackage.MyClass*->*(..))"/>
  | <prepare expr="execution(* com.custom.shopping.*->*(..))"/>

Add new bindings during runtime:
<bind pointcut="execution(* com.mypackage.MyClass*->*(..))">
  |         <interceptor class="com.myaspect.MyInterceptor"/>
  |     </bind>
  | 	<bind pointcut="execution(* com.custom.shopping.*->*(..))">
  |         <interceptor class="com.myaspect.MyInterceptor"/>
  |     </bind>

Dynamic AOP works for MyClass* classes, which is only used by test.jsp and packaged in myaspect.jar.

However, dynamic AOP does NOT work for com.custom.shopping.* classes, which is packaged inside lib1.jar.  lib1.jar is present at custom.ear/ and app.war/WEB-INF/lib/.  If this jar is removed from WEB-INF/lib, a NoClassFoundException will be thrown when hitting a page of the app that calls the com.custom.shopping.* classes.  With the binding added, there is no logging that shows the AOP aspect weaving.

If I start JBoss with the binding, I can see the shopping classes get intercepted from the logs.  At runtime, if I remove the binding and add it back, I do not get the logs anymore.

How do I debug the problem?  How do I turn on debugging?  What do you think is the problem?  Is this a classloader issue?  Currently, there are no errors or exceptions.

Appreciate your response.

Anna

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4150877#4150877

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4150877