[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: XAResource

mohitanchlia do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon May 19 15:04:18 EDT 2008

Thanks .. some more questions:

1. Is resouce manager active only for the scope of the transaction ?
2. So TM tells RM to not autocommit ? Is it possible to explain how and when that happens ?
3. Do RM need to register with TM ? How does it register and how does TM communicates with RM
4. In case if there is a failure between "yes ready to commit" and "please commit now" then would all the transaction(s) involved result in rollback ?
5. We are using Tibco Server along with Jboss. How would the JTA work in this case ? Would Tibco Server need to register itself as a resource manager with JTA ? Where can I see the settings ?

I read about XAResource, didn't find good article and ones I did find confused me more.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4151848#4151848

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4151848