[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Placing portlet_instances.xml in a central place ...

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue May 20 11:15:57 EDT 2008

An entire portal layout can be defined in the conf/data/default-object.xml file, but only if all portlet war files are deployed within jboss-portal.sar (like the example portlets in the "samples" directory).

I have been able to add CMS portlet instances to a portlet-specific portlet-instances.xml file by adding this to the WEB-INF/jbossportlet.xml file:

<portlet-app>
  |   <service>
  |       <service-name>CMS</service-name>
  |       <service-class>org.jboss.portal.cms.CMS</service-class>
  |       <service-ref>:service=CMS</service-ref>
  |   </service>
  |
  | </portlet-app>

But the existing portlet-instances.xml files are not sacrosanct - the ones provided are only examples (just as the default portal is only an example). It is expected that you change them.

I would at this point give you a URL to my JBossWorld presentation on that topic, but the JBossWorld web site still does not contain a link to my presentation (despite the fact that they have my presentation and the signed letter of agreement to permit publishing it).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4152061#4152061

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4152061