[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Jboss Version Compatibility

spieper do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 21 11:27:58 EDT 2008

Hi,

I want to make two different versions of jboss talk to each other. According to http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/JBossVersionCompatibilityMatrix I should be able to do what I want:

I have a legacy ejb 2.x application  deployed on a jboss 4.0.2 and I have a newly developed ejb3 application deployed on a jboss 4.2.0.

The calls from 4.2.0 to 4.0.2 work fine.

But the calls from the 4.0.2 => 4.2.0 direction run into trouble.

The ejb3 application offers a @RemoteHome interface for the legacy application as described here
http://java.sun.com/mailers/techtips/enterprise/2007/TechTips_Feb07.html#1

Yet the lookup of the home interface in the legacy application fails with a ClassNotFoundException because the ProxyFactory creates an ejb3 specific proxy object:

javax.naming.CommunicationException [Root exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jboss.ejb3.stateless.StatelessRemoteProxy (no security manager: RMI class loader disabled)]
  |     at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:713)
  |     at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:572)

The compatibility matrix I referred to above states that I "must use the legacy rmi invokers" to make this work. I have found no further documentation what these invokers are and how I configure my application to use them.

What I have found are invoker-proxy-binding definitions in the standardjboss.xml deployed in my 4.2.0 jboss. There is for example:

  |   <invoker-proxy-binding>
  |       <name>stateless-rmi-invoker</name>
  |       <invoker-mbean>jboss:service=invoker,type=unified</invoker-mbean>
  |       <proxy-factory>org.jboss.proxy.ejb.ProxyFactory</proxy-factory>

Is this the right place to look for some reconfiguration? How would I need to change this for my application and how would I make the ProxyFactory return non-ejb3 specific proxy objects?

I would be grateful for any hint in finding a solution for this, as I do not have the option of simply plugging some ejb3 classes into the 4.0.2 jboss.

Bye
S.Pieper

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4152392#4152392

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4152392