[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Load balancer problem

tnfink do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 21 11:28:26 EDT 2008

Hi,

we are developing a clustered application with webservices as interface for the clients. We use Apache and mod_jk for load-balancing and fail-over and JBoss 4.2.2 in the all configuration.

To measure the performance of our system we implemented a small load test application. It uses some threads to send requests concurrently to the server. Each thread uses one (its own) web service stub.

It appears that the stub reuses its connection and, thus, the requests are not dispatched by the load-balancer. We see in the  mod_jk-status page much less requests than our threads created.

Does anybody know, if connections are reused?
If yes, how can we avoid this?

We tried to disable the maintaining of sessions, but it had no effect:

  | final javax.xml.ws.BindingProvider bp =
  |   (javax.xml.ws.BindingProvider) paymentServicePort;
  | final Map<String, Object> context = bp.getRequestContext();
  | context.put("javax.xml.ws.session.maintain", Boolean.FALSE);

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-- Torsten

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4152393#4152393

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4152393