[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Re: WAR redeployment requires restart

bstansberry@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 23 00:04:16 EDT 2008

Perhaps the NPE is a bit of a red herring.  What was odd to me was why destroy operations were happening during a deploy.  Looking at the TomcatDeployer code, it's because of this:

  | String objectNameS = config.getCatalinaDomain()
  |          + ":j2eeType=WebModule,name=//" +
  |          ((hostName == null) ? "localhost" : hostName)
  |          + ctxPath + ",J2EEApplication=none,J2EEServer=none";
  |
  | ObjectName objectName = new ObjectName(objectNameS);
  |
  | if (server.isRegistered(objectName))
  | {
  |    log.debug("Already exists, destroying " + objectName);
  |    server.invoke(objectName, "destroy", new Object[]{},
  |                           new String[]{});
  | }

So, something with that same object name is already registered in JMX; presumably the previous incarnation of the war.  Were there any errors during the undeploy of the old version?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4152856#4152856

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4152856