[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: How to configure multiple instances/nodes/domains?

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue May 27 13:10:59 EDT 2008

No, I said that JBossAS 4.0.2  is 4 to 5 years old. The binding service has been the centralized way to configure port ever since I have worked with JBossAS (3.2.3), and continues to work even with EAP 4.3.  (My comment about not having tried 4.3 was that my group has not adapted our app to 4.3.)

Copy the sample-binding.xml file to dsome handy location. I put it in the "server" directory, and also rename it - what name you use doesn't matter. Then change the jboss-server.xml file to reference it (there is already an entry for it, but it is commented out).

See also http://www.jboss.org/file-access/default/members/jbossas/freezone/docs/Server_Configuration_Guide/beta422/html/Additional_Services.html#Additional_Services-Services_Binding_Management

However, the binding service is not (at this time) working with any version of JBossAS 5.0 due to the changes in how deployment is being done.  The binding service is being deployed to late and many of the services have already bound their ports before the binding service start. Hopefully this will be fixed in 5.0.0.CR1, and if not it should be fixed by 5.0.0.GA.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4153723#4153723

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4153723