[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Access field of an Object in a Controller variable

beve do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 29 08:16:55 EDT 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to access a field (firstName) of an Object instance (entireCustomerAsObject) like this:

  | <task-node name="Review Order" async="true">
  |       <task name="Order Review">
  |          <assignment actor-id="user"/>
  |          <controller>
  |                <variable name="entireCustomerAsObject.firstName" access="read,write,required" mapped-name="customer_firstName"/>
  |          </controller>
  |       </task>
  |       <transition name="" to="Calculate Discount"/>
  | </task-node>

An object named 'entireCustomerAsObject' exists and is populated (if I remove the '.firstName' the object toString method is invoked and displayed in the form).
Is it possbile to access a field of an object in the name attribute field like shown above? I've tried different combinations but without success.

Thanks,

/Daniel

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4154253#4154253

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4154253