[jboss-user] HTML form's POST method behaving like GET method

Balamurali Ananthan bala at txcorp.com
Tue Nov 4 14:57:01 EST 2008

Hello,

I am using Jboss Portal 2.6.6-GA. I have a form in a portlet that collects
username and password from the user and sends it to the portlet logic to
process it.

  <form name="mainForm" action="<portlet:actionURL/>" method="POST">
    <INPUT TYPE=TEXT NAME=username SIZE=20>
    <INPUT TYPE=PASSWORD NAME=password SIZE=20>
  </form>

Even though the form is sent using POST method, the form data is seen in the
address bar of the browser like including the password that the user typed.

Here is what I am seeing in the address bar:

https://myserver.com:443/portal/sec/portal/default/default/MyPortletWindow?p
assword=somepassword&action=e&windowstate=normal&mode=view&username=myself

What am I missing? Any clues?

Thanks.
.Bala.