[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - JBossWS 3.0.3 memory leak

Marlboro do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 7 06:01:31 EST 2008

Hi,

We are running an EJB3/JBossWS aplication on JBoss 4.2.2 with JBossWS - native 3.0.3. Our application causes JBoss to crash with "out of memory error" under load, and we have memory dump from Java 1.6. After analyze of this dump we suspect JBossWS to cause the memory leak. There are 22942513  instances of class java.util.HashMap$Entry with 367080208 bytes and 58967 instances of class [Ljava.util.HashMap$Entry; with 231301484 bytes. Both HashMap entries contain some data from data type's definitions of our endpoints.

For better understating: our application has two parts. At this moment, both parts are deployed on one server but in the future it will be possible to deploy them on two distinct servers. One part is web service client, second one is web service endpoint. We tested our application with Java 1.5 and also 1.6 but we are able to obtain memory dump only with Java 1.6 . Nevertheless both JVMs have the same behavior - they crash approximately after 48 hours.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. If you will need more data/infos please feel free to contact me.

Thanks,
Vratislav Kuzela

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4187660#4187660

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4187660