[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Accessing SOAP web services from session bean error

mxc do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 12 15:26:34 EST 2008

Hi all,

I have a session bean that is trying to access a soap web service, wrap the response and return it to the callee. When I run unit test directly against the code that does the calling i.e. when it is outside the JEE container everything works as planned.

However when I call the code from a standalone ejb test client via the session bean I get the following error in JBOSS:
anonymous wrote :
  | WARN  [ServiceDelegateImpl] Cannot access wsdlURL: https://acme.com/test.wsdl
  | WARN  [ServiceDelegateImpl] Cannot get port meta data for: {http://acme.com/doc/2006-03-01/}TEST
  |  ERROR [TestFacade] There was an error creating a bucket
  | ERROR [TestFacade] org.jboss.ws.WSException: Target endpoint address not set

On the client I get the error:
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jboss.ws.WSException

I have am using maven to do the build with the jaxws-maven-plugin. It seems that JBOSS has some issue with not being able to locate the wsdl. I have defined the wsimport part of my pom.xml as follows:

       <plugin>
  |          <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
  |            <artifactId>jaxws-maven-plugin</artifactId>
  |            <executions>
  |              <execution>
  |                <goals>
  |                  <goal>wsimport</goal>
  |                </goals>
  |                <configuration>
  |                    <verbose>true</verbose>
  |                    <keep>true</keep>
  |                    <packageName>za.co.jumpingbean.test</packageName>
  |                    <sourceDestDir>src/main/java</sourceDestDir>
  |                    <wsdlLocation>https://acme.com/doc/2006-03-01/test.wsdl</wsdlLocation>
  |                    <!--wsdlUrls><wsdlUrl>https://acme.com/doc/2006-03-01/test.wsdl</wsdlUrl></wsdlUrls-->
  |                </configuration>
  |              </execution>
  |            </executions>
  |        </plugin>

I have tried placing the wsdl location in the wsdlLocation element and wsdlUrl element but there is no difference in outcome. I have been unable to find any help on this. What I do find is talking more about creating you own web service with jaxws but I am looking at consuming a web service from an EJB session bean.

Any pointer or help appreciated.
thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4188922#4188922

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4188922