[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - How to detect portlet's supported modes.

jasenj1 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 13 15:45:01 EST 2008

I'm using the portlet container release available http://www.jboss.org/portletcontainer/download/index.html to get my feet wet developing portlets. The simple-portal app uses JSP tag libraries to render the portlets. Specifically, there is a portlet.tag file that does the rendering of portlets and their controls. In this tag, the "edit" mode button is always rendered - regardless of whether the portlet supports that view. Also, this tag does not render a "help" button.

How can I detect the modes that a portlet supports in this context? It seems like there ought to be a portlet object lying around that I could query for a list of modes in some way.

Thanks.

- Jasen.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4189228#4189228

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4189228