[jboss-user] [JBoss/Spring Integration] - help on jboss spring integration

mattlf do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 13 16:05:23 EST 2008

Hi

I have browsed the mailing list and spend some time  experimenting unsuccesfully with jboss spring integration.

At this point I would greatly appreciate some help

I want to create a non-web / headless application that would run in jboss but whose logic is in POJOS using Spring. I am trying to get Jboss to bootstrap my Spring application context. I know how to do that in the case of a Web application. But In this particular  case, there is no WAR file. There are only methods that I want to expose via EJB for other components to call them and methods I want to expose via JMX.

My project looks like the following:

myproject-jar
------- src / main / java / com / mycompany /..../ blabla.java
------- src / main / resources / myspringContext.xml ---> where I declare the wiring of my POJOS and  the methods I export using org.springframework.jmx.export.MBeanExporter

myproject-ejb
here i use the Spring AutowiringInterceptor to expose the interface of myproject.jar so that they can be called remotely via EJB

myproject-ear packages myproject-ejb

I use Jboss-4.2.2.GA and Spring 2.5.6 and maven to compile & package

But when I copy the EAR in jboss, I don't see the JMX methods and understand that the spring context has not been loaded. I was hoping that the AutoWiring would load the Spring context...

Then I came accross the Spring - Jboss Integration wiki

I downloaded jboss-spring-jdk5-2.5.jar  from sourceforge (It seems that 3.1 is only for jboss5 and i use jboss 4.2.2)

I created a directory  jboss-spring-jdk5.deployer in jboss-4.2.2.GA/server/messaging
/deploy and copied  jboss-spring-jdk5-2.5.jar into  jboss-spring-jdk5.deployer directory

Then I added jboss-spring.xml to myproject-jar / src / main / resources / META-INF

In jboss-spring.xml, I just import myspringContext.xml

when i deploy the EAR to jboss I see the following error:

2008-11-13 20:37:30,743 3342  ERROR [org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer] (main:) Could not initialise deployment: file:/home/mattlf/jboss-4.2.2.GA/server/messaging/deploy/jboss-spring-jdk5.deployer/
org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Failed to find META-INF/jboss-service.xml for archive jboss-spring-jdk5.deployer
        at org.jboss.deployment.SARDeployer.parseDocument(SARDeployer.java:616)
        at org.jboss.deployment.SARDeployer.init(SARDeployer.java:181)

I would really appreciate some help

Thank you

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4189231#4189231

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4189231