[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - setParameter() IllegalArgumentException

NSchweig do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Nov 29 06:37:03 EST 2008

Hi,

perhaps it is a dumb question; but it has taken a lot of time and I still have not found a solution.

I want to get all courses for a instructor in my EJB.

  | public List<Course> getCoursesForInstructor(CmtUser instructor){
  |  try{
  |
  |  	String id = instructor.getId().toString();
  |        //Long id = instructor.getId();
  | 	Query q = em.createQuery(
  | 			"SELECT c FROM Course c" +
  | 			" WHERE c.instructor = :instrId");
  | 			q.setParameter("instrId",id);
  |
  | 	 List<Course> courses =	(List<Course>) q.getResultList();
  | 	 return courses ;
  | 	}

If I type:
WHERE c.instructor = 2
it is no problem.
But if I set the parameter with:
q.setParameter("instrId",id);  I get an

IllegalArgumentException ...
  | ...org.hibernate.PropertyAccessException: could not get a field value by reflection getter of de.cmt.model.CmtUser.id)

Any ideas?
Thanks Nicki

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4193170#4193170

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4193170