[jboss-user] [Microcontainer] - Re: Alternative JAR extensions

bob.mcwhirter do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Nov 30 15:38:29 EST 2008

anonymous wrote :
  | If you mark one of your deployers as JarExtensionProvider

My RailsStructure deployer implements JEP.  Additionally, I've added setJarExtension( ".rails" ) on one of my parsing deployers (seems like a weird place for it, honestly), since AbstractParsingDeployerWithOutput implements JEP, too.  Both result in the same FileHandler'ing of my oddthesis.rails JAR, instead of the DelegatingHandler/JarHandler.

anonymous wrote :
  | + you put your deployers into deployers directory (the proper way)

Yah, I've been using deployers/ always to deploy the jboss-rails.deployer itself.

anonymous wrote :
  | you should be fine, as deployers are booted before deploy is scanned.
  | --> different boot phases: BOOTSTRAP, DEPLOYERS, APPLICATIONS

Yah, that's what I figured the code told me, but it still seems that boot-scan doesn't enable the .rails in time for the VFSContextFactory bits, even for deploy/ but subsequent scans do.

I'm going to keep poking, and I'll update here.

Thanks,

-Bob

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4193264#4193264

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4193264