[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: portlet container help....

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 6 12:45:04 EDT 2008

Let me see if I understand this correctly. You do not want to write portlets and deploy them to JBoss Portal. Instead, what you want to do is embed JBoss Portal (or a portlet container) within a web application that you have already written (or are attempting to write). Or are you perhaps attempting to write a portlet container and thinking that embedding JBoss Portal would be a simple way of doing this?

If you want to write portlets, then the documentation should provide all the help you need to create an deploy a portlet.

If you want to embed (or write your own) the portlet container, you should get the portlet spec from the JCP web site. Other than that you are on your own.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4180615#4180615

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4180615