[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: Newbie Problem...

qtrchicken do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 7 14:45:39 EDT 2008

Peter, I think I found the problem.  I'm running through a small tutorial and they make no mention of the web.xml.  I thought it was odd, but I'm following directions.

I created a WEB-INF/web.xml file and created a new web-app.war file and whaalaa it deployed to the server.  The demo implies that only the Manifest.MF, application.xml and index.jsp are the only pieces needed for JBoss to do pull up a simple JSP.

Here was the original application.xml  (sorry about the code... i can be rather dense at times)

<?xml version="1.0"?>
  | <application>
  |     <display-name>Hello Java EE World!</display-name>
  |     <module>
  |         <web>
  |           <web-uri>web-app.war</web-uri>
  |           <context-root>/hellokg</context-root>
  |         </web>
  |     </module>
  | </application>

The web-app.war simply had the index.jsp file inside.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4180865#4180865

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4180865