[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: Whats I need to run jboss-4.2.3.GA on Fedora 9

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 16 20:08:03 EDT 2008

I looks like you did install JDK 1.6 and not 1.5. I am not sure why, when you started with the 1.5 rpm you ended up with the 1.6 JDK. I have installed both 1.6 and 1.5 and never seen that. (However, I have never installed the 64-bit JDK using the RPM, only using the BIN download.)

Anyway, you can try this.

First, it appears that JAVA_HOME is not set, or not set correctly. Are you sure that /opt/java/default exists? You can tell if it set by the third line of the output line:

  JAVA: java

If JAVA_HOME is set properly, you should see something like this:

  JAVA: /usr/java/jdk1.6.0_07/bin/java

Second, there is a version of JBossAS 4.2.3 specifically for JDKJ 1.6 - download jboss-4.2.3.GA-jdk6.zip and unpack it.

Third, make sure your account has full access rights to the directory into which you placed JBossAS. You currently have it in /usr/lib, which usually is restricted to root access. Personally, I would place it in /opt/jboss-4.2.3.GA, and use chmod  to change ownership.

Then try running run.sh again.

(By the way, running "java -version" is not sufficnet to tell which version you will use. Instead, run "$JAVA_HOME/bin/java -version" This will pick up the same JDK that run.sh will use. Also, it appears that currently you are using the OpenJDK:

anonymous wrote : 13:27:44,309 INFO  [ServerInfo] Java version: 1.6.0,Sun Microsystems Inc.
  | 13:27:44,309 INFO  [ServerInfo] Java VM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM 1.6.0-b09,Sun Microsystems Inc.

I have used this successfully to run JBossAS. So I would bet that your directory access rights are incorrect.)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4182793#4182793

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4182793