[jboss-user] [Advanced Documentation] - Re: JBoss AS in production environment

sacha.labourey@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 21 08:34:45 EDT 2008

anonymous wrote : To cluster the JBoss app server is no easy feat. documenation lacks
  | substance

All AS docs: http://www.jboss.org/jbossas/docs/index.html

Including an ~110 pages clustering guide: http://www.jboss.org/file-access/default/members/jbossas/freezone/docs/Clustering_Guide/beta500/html_single/index.html

What else do you need?

anonymous wrote : No support except for JBoss Consulting and development community

Wrong, our business IS to provide quality support and maintenance, 24/7, up to 1h response time, follow-the-sun model.

anonymous wrote : Lack of a good Admin console, this is a big issue for me, I'd like to
  | see the configuration and runtime information in an easier manner,
  | viewing MBeans is not my idea of a complete management console

Customers can enjoy an amazing management software, fully agent-server based called JBoss ON, with advanced monitoring features, clustering capabilities, etc.: https://docs.jbosson.redhat.com/confluence/display/JON2/Home

anonymous wrote : the LGPL license could be an issue when dealing with state and
  | governmental agencies. There's something in the GNU license that
  | states against governmental use.

Wrong. Show me where in the text of the LGPL? Gov agencies are great users of our software, including the FBI, NSA and the Defense.

anonymous wrote : JBoss Support List price is similar to those of IBM, BEA and Oracle

?!? show me the price list, again, this is very wrong.

anonymous wrote : Marc Fleury, the founder of JBoss, is no longer at JBoss with RedHat
  | purchasing them out

So? Alfred Chuang is no more with Oracle, what does it mean?

anonymous wrote : Recently acquired Arjuna for its Tx Manager, Transaction cannot span
  | JVMs (Tx context only propagated within VM)
  | Incapable of automated recovery for XA transactions after a server
  | crash, and how widely is Arjuna TM used for Mission-Critical
  | applications?

Hum, all of that is technically very wrong. Arjuna TM used to be HP's TM and was the first Java TM to be both JTA and JTS compliant, it is based on about 20 years of TX engineering out of Newcastle, England. If you can prove just ONE of the points above, please do ASAP.

anonymous wrote : JBoss JMS *replaced* in release 4.2, 5, I don't know how it compares

Yes, we decided it was better to start on a new architecture to support extended clustering features. Now, JBoss Messaging features better clustering features than WebLogic implementation.

anonymous wrote : JBoss 5 finally moving to HTTP Primary/Secondary Replication, AFAIK No
  | special support for DR/HA architectures

Look at the clustering documentation. We have prim/sec replication for quite some time. Our ex-bea customers now using jboss largely prefer our implementation and its performance.

Look, I'll stop there, this is complete FUD from BEA, if they could simply prove anything they say, that would be great. The fact that they need to FUD Java user groups speaks for itself.

Onward,

Sacha Labourey

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4183490#4183490

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4183490