[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: How install jboss4.2.2.GA on mac?

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 8 11:46:03 EDT 2008

I don't have a Mac, but the steps there should be the same as Windows or Linux.

First, you need a 1.5 JDK. From other posts, I gather that the 1.5 JDK comes with the Mac, so you should be set. To verify this, open a terminal window (command prompt?) and run:

java -version

That should tell you which version of the JDK is installed.

Also, you should check that the JAVA_HOME environment variable is set. It should reference the base directory of the JDK.

Then, download the binary zip file for JBossAS 4.2.2.GA, and unzip it anywhere. (I don't know if the Mac has directory names with spaces in them, like Program Files on Windows, but if it does, do not place JBossAS there - spaces in path names tend to confuse various Java libraries).

Congratulations, you are done with installation.

To run it, open a terminal, go to the jboss-4.2.2.GA/bin directory and run the run.sh script. There should a lot of logging oputput, the last of which will be a line that says "Started in xxx seconds". Once you see that, open a browser and enter the URL http://localhost:8080.

If you have problems, let us know.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4175098#4175098

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4175098