[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Re: Pure RMI

ron.sigal@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 16 02:30:52 EDT 2008

"hudara" wrote :
  | 1. Where can I find a document describing how to do it on jBoss.

Given that you are talking about pure java RMI, instead of a JBoss facility such as JBossRemoting, I doubt that there is any document specifically about your situation.  I could be wrong ...

"hudara" wrote :
  | 2. How can I solve the "anonymous port selection"

Use

  |     public static Remote exportObject(Remote obj, int port)
  | 	throws RemoteException

or

  |     public static Remote exportObject(Remote obj, int port,
  | 				      RMIClientSocketFactory csf,
  | 				      RMIServerSocketFactory ssf)
  | 	throws RemoteException

in java.rmi.server.UnicastRemoteObject.

"hudara" wrote :
  | 3. If I execute the java.rmi.registry.LocateRegistry.createRegistry method upon server startup, and try to bind this RMI for the defual port (1099), I get an error saying that this port is already bind.

In Remoting we do this:

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4176678#4176678

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4176678