[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: NullPointerException in JavaEEComponentHelper with JBoss

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 14 05:25:37 EDT 2009

"japase" wrote :
  | I have no such message in the console window. On the other hand I have only INFO, WARNING and ERROR messages. I can start the server with DEBUG enabled, but for which category?

The DEBUG logs are available in server.log (as you note later in this post). We would mainly be interested in org.jboss.ejb3 DEBUG logs.

"japase" wrote :
  | The server.log file, on the other hand, seems to have all the debug lines, but even there I couldn't find any such message. I can send the entire file, if necessary, but it is almost 23 MB large!

If possible, zip it and attach it to the JIRA issue https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/EJBTHREE-1751

anonymous wrote : But the EJB injection we have in our web services doesn't seem to work
Could you please post that webservice code including annotations?

anonymous wrote :
  | The EJBs in this simple application don't have any mutual references, so maybe the problem lies in EJB injection?

The actual problem that we see in this issue (and the one noted in the JIRA) is related to ordering of deployment units. So if you have a EJB in one jar and the EJB depends on some other EJB in a different jar, then chances are that because of deployment ordering, the injection might fail. If both those EJBs are within the same jar then you wont be noticing this issue. This issue is specific to AS-5.x.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4225293#4225293

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4225293