[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Using remote EJB by annotation

abednarski do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Apr 16 05:22:07 EDT 2009

Hi,

My scenario is:

a) jboss server A (ip a.a.a.a) - client - application wants to access through annotation (inject and execute method) on ejb located on other server

b) jboss server B (ip b.b.b.b) - ejb - other server containing ejb which I want to access

Where:

a) jboss server A ip address is a.a.a.a and name dns name is jbossa

b) jboss server B ip address is b.b.b.b and name dns name is jbossb

I was trying to follow this article: http://www.mastertheboss.com/en/jboss-application-server/49-jboss-ejb3-in-a-cluster.html part: "
How can a remote client access a clustered EJB ?" but I don't want to cluster 2 jboss servers

I added to jboss server A in ...jboss/server/default/conf/jndi.properties new line (none of them allowed to pass my scenario):

a) java.naming.provider.url=jbossb:1099
b) java.naming.provider.url=jnp://b.b.b.b:1099
c) java.naming.provider.url=jbossa:1099,jbossb:1099
d) java.naming.provider.url=jnp://a.a.a.a:1099,jnp://b.b.b.b:1099

and according to article I should add @Clustered  but I did not (I don't want to use cluster).

When I'm trying to inject EJB in client on jboss server A I got typical exception "MyBean is not bound".

My questions:

1) Is it possible to access remote EJB using annotation without clustering jboss servers ?

2) Is it possible to use access EJB using annotation clustering jboss servers?

3) Is clustering only option to access remote EJB when using annotation?

4) What is the overhead when two jboss servers are clustered?

5) Is it possible to setup clustering in a way that it will only support using remote ejb without other functionality (to limit overhead)?

Regards,
Adam.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4225843#4225843

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4225843