[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - DB failover in 4.2.3 questions

FrankTheTank do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Apr 24 08:22:29 EDT 2009

I am using JBoss AS 4.2.3 in combination with Postgres.

My AppServers are clustered and use a ha-local-tx-datasource to map against two PG databases (primary A and secondary B).
I am using standard EJB3 with an EJB3 Cache.

Now a scenario is needed where when the primary db fails, the system will fail-over to the other one.
This works when A fails over to B.
Now if I bring B back in, and then let A fail, the system will not switch back to A.

1) Am I missing something?
2) Will this even work?
3) I currently have the idle-timeout-minutes set to 1 and if I set it to 0 it seems to mean never. Though half a minute (1/2 idle time, what the doc claims) is still a lot of time in a real-time environment.
The doc also states that the 1/2 comes from the IdleRemover value, but where can I set it, if at all?
4) Would it be theoretically possible to be able to dynamically configure the connection-url in some way?
>From what I read something like this would only be available in JBoss 5. Is this correct?

thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4226621#4226621

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4226621