[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - Re: Physical vs Virtual Memory

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Apr 27 17:46:47 EDT 2009

I ran my test on my VM with Windows Server 2008. According to Task Manager, the working set was only 500MB, though the committed memory was 1.7GB. Looks like Windows has a hard time reporting correct memory usage while running as a VM (though this is not a surprise - OSes running within a VM seldom report correct performance statistics).  I also had verbose:gc set, and here is an example GC that shows a lot of heap usage:

680.862: [GC 929878K->893472K(1044992K), 0.0488677 secs]

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4227087#4227087

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4227087