[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: static ejb client stubs?

robert.geisler do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 4 09:47:33 EDT 2009

thank, jaikiran, for your response...

well, we learned that we have to generate the stubs explicitly by executing create_EJBStubs.bat in WebSphere installation directory that creates us a .jar file containing stub classes for EJBs in an .ear. we deploy this .jar with our standalone client later.
the disadvantage i see is the additional effort in putting together client libraries. the advantage is, that the client do not need to download stubs again and again.

at least this is how i think it is done by JBoss...? i imagine that our users download stubs again and again, whenever they start and stop the standalone client. or even whenever the client application does a remote lookup? or even whenever it does a remote call!?
am i right? or is there something like caching on client side?

this is the reason why i am interested in this... i would like to reduce network traffic by using static ejb stubs (in single server environment)... given that there is such a feature in JBoss...?

thank you again.
robert[img][/img]

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4247866#4247866

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4247866