[jboss-user] [Microcontainer] - Re: StructureDeployer that supports subdeployments

beve do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 6 11:03:14 EDT 2009

I've tried this with the ESB and I'm using the following configuration for the GroupingStructure:
<bean name="GroupingStructure" class="org.jboss.soa.esb.listeners.deployers.mc.GroupingStructure">
  |         <property name="shortCircuitFilter">
  |             <inject bean="EsbFilter"/>
  |         </property>
  |         <property name="metaDataPaths">
  |             <array elementClass="java.lang.String">
  |                 <value>META-INF</value>
  |                 <value>.</value>
  |             </array>
  |         </property>
  |         <property name="libs">
  |             <set elementClass="java.lang.String">
  |                 <value>.</value>
  |                 <value>jars</value>
  |             </set>
  |         </property>
  |         <property name="libFilter">
  |             <inject bean="JarFilter"/>
  |         </property>
  |         <property name="groups">
  |             <set elementClass="java.lang.String">
  |                 <value>.</value>
  |                 <value>wars</value>
  |             </set>
  |         </property>
  |         <property name="groupFilter">
  |             <inject bean="WarFilter"/>
  |         </property>
  |     </bean>
I've simply copied your GroupingStructure into our project for the time being hence the different package name.

So we can now have jars in either the root, or in a sub directory named 'jars'.
And we can have wars in either the root, or in a sub directory named 'wars'.

Now, we are going to have users that have wars in sub directories that have different names then 'wars'.
These users will have the following options (as I see it):
1. Renaming their sub directory to 'wars'.
2. Adding their sub directory names to the 'groups' list above.
3. Add a META-INF/jboss-structure.xml to their .esb archive:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  | <structure>
  |     <context>
  |         <path name=""/>
  |         <metaDataPath>
  |             <path name="META-INF"/>
  |             <path name="."/>
  |         </metaDataPath>
  |         <classpath>
  |             <path name=""/>
  |             <path name="." suffixes=".jar"/>
  |         </classpath>
  |     </context>
  |     <context>
  |         <path name="subdir/testwar.war"/>
  |         <metaDataPath>
  |             <path name="WEB-INF"/>
  |         </metaDataPath>
  |         <classpath>
  |             <path name="subdir/testwar.war/WEB-INF/classes"/>
  |         </classpath>
  |     </context>
  | </structure>

4. Last resort (because of the negative performance impact) activate the DirectoryStructure by uncommenting it in deployers/directory-deployer-jboss-beans.xml.

Have I missed any options here?

Thanks for writing the GroupingStructure! I think it will be very useful.

Regards,

/Daniel

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4248507#4248507

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4248507