[jboss-user] [jBPM Users] - Re: Problem moving from 4.1 to 4.2 using Spring configuratio

saraswati.santanu do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Dec 5 05:36:01 EST 2009

Thanks for sharing the solution Suganda.

You have rightly pointed out that its always good to allow Spring to manage transaction when you use Spring-Hibernate combination. In fact you will not have an option other than this if you are using JMS or any non-db transactional service.

I, however, would disagree with you on the spring interceptor current= true option. This is normally OK to have not transaction in a thread to start with. Then somebody (for this case Spring) needs to start the transaction. Ans everybody else should use the existing transaction. If, say from web tier (from a servlet) first call goes to some Jbpm command service call then I would expect that to start the transaction and not to crib about not having a transaction. In such a case current=false makes more sense.

But again, with spring you can use OncePerRequestFilter kind of thing to get your transaction started. Such a case you have the option to use current=true.

I am sure everything remains same for JTA transaction, so there should be no more pain for you in this.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4269126#4269126

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4269126