[jboss-user] [jBPM Users] - Re: TaskQuery w/ ProcessInstanceId possible?

emp.tyres do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 11 10:51:02 EST 2009

Short story long: if a user starts process SUPER with key = 12, and this forks a subprocess, how can i gather all tasks for key 12, including those that SUPER forked?

I see only 2 options:

a. the key is transferred to the subprocess (because it has a domain modeling) - HOWEVER, if I understand correctly, jbpm does not allow of searching by process variable, so this is a no-go unless you can loop application-wise through all of the tasks calling getProcessVariables() and comparing them to the needed one.

b. tasks for a certain user can be found in subprocesses in some way - and for the sake of me, I am not being able to do this...

Anyone else that has faced this? Maybe I'm getting this all wrong...

PS - this is triggered because if I understand this correctly, subprocessing is available not just because of domain modeling, but also for convenience (e.g.  versioning with a finer granularity or breaking up of large processes for readability). This would not be understandable to the end user...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4270240#4270240

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4270240