[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache: Core Edition] - Re: Problems with Transaction Manager

fatboysuns do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 4 13:25:31 EST 2009

The solution :
This is how I got my TransactionManager from JBoss server
		TransactionManager tm = (org.jboss.tm.TxManager) new  InitialContext().lookup("java:/TransactionManager");
and I used this to inject into runtime config.

Jboss cache was doing one of the 2 things

1. In GenericTransactionManagerLookup the code is

 if (jndiObject instanceof TransactionManager)
  |          {
  |             tm = (TransactionManager) jndiObject;
  |             log.debug("Found TransactionManager for " + knownJNDIManager[1]);
  |             return;
  |          }

The "instanceof" condition was failing as class org.jboss.tm.TXManager implements TransactionManager

2. Within JBossTransactionManagerLookup this statement was throwing a class cast Exception
return (TransactionManager) new InitialContext().lookup("java:/TransactionManager");

Again for the same reason.

When I do upgrade to Jboss 4.2.3 Jboss was returning me a different and the same problems existed.

When I downgrade the jboss-cache version, The exact same code was present , which meant I was getting the exact same problems.

I am not sure on how to approach this problem as the code I have done is dirty as it uses "Jboss server" specific jars in classpath to compile.

Please do suggest on how to handle this.

I have another question though. Spring manages my transactions for all my service classes. And all my jboss cache calls are happening from within a service class. If spring calls its "rollback / commit" at End of teh service method, would it be rolled back / committed to the jboss cache too?

Thanks for your help so far. I totally appreciate you taking the time to answer me.

-Sundar

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4207094#4207094

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4207094