[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: Memory issues with JBoss 4.2.2.GA

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 6 14:55:27 EST 2009

Do not rely on the data given by web-console. Use JConsole or VirtualVM to monitor real-time heap usage. Use my presentation to graph the GC data you are collecting and to help you tune the heap.

Since you set the heap to 1GB minimum, the JVM will allocate that much space. Not all will be used, In fact, the CMS collector will use a lot less of it than the default collector due to the way the CMS collector works (my presentation explains that also).

P.S. You do not have to quote the post.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4207844#4207844

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4207844