[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - Re: How set request timeout?

RichardTaylor do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 10 17:23:57 EST 2009

I'm now searching for the same functionality that bunkenburg described.  Is there a way to set a request time in Tomcat?   It would essentially be what maxIdleTime does for Jetty.  [1]

I'm looking for a global time out that will kill a Tomcat request thread if it has not responded by a certain timeout.  I see the mod_jk settings mentioned above, but I have the same issue with them, which is that JBoss/Tomcat will still be trying to process the request, long after the client is gone.

Does something like this even exist in Tomcat?

I see connectionTimeout in server.xml but I realize that's not what I'm after.

Cheers,
Richard Taylor
PIER Sytems, Inc.

[1] - http://docs.codehaus.org/display/JETTY/Configuring+Connectors