[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Re: Problem singleton scheduling in a clustered JBoss 4.02 (

bstansberry@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 18 10:05:31 EST 2009

Looking at the javadoc for the 4.0.2 version of SingleScheduleProvider I don't see a way to pass in the kind of arguments you want:

  |    /**
  |     * Sets the method name to be called on the Schedulable MBean. It can optionally be
  |     * followed by an opening bracket, list of attributes (see below) and a closing bracket.
  |     * The list of attributes can contain:
  |     * <ul>
  |     * <li>NOTIFICATION which will be replaced by the timers notification instance
  |     *     (javax.management.Notification)</li>
  |     * <li>DATE which will be replaced by the date of the notification call
  |     *     (java.util.Date)</li>
  |     * <li>REPETITIONS which will be replaced by the number of remaining repetitions
  |     *     (long)</li>
  |     * <li>SCHEDULER_NAME which will be replaced by the Object Name of the Scheduler
  |     *     (javax.management.ObjectName)</li>
  |     * <li>any full qualified Class name which the Scheduler will be set a "null" value
  |     *     for it</li>
  |     * </ul>
  |     * <br>
  |     * An example could be: "doSomething( NOTIFICATION, REPETITIONS, java.lang.String )"
  |     * where the Scheduler will pass the timer's notification instance, the remaining
  |     * repetitions as int and a null to the MBean's doSomething() method which must
  |     * have the following signature: doSomething( javax.management.Notification, long,
  |     * java.lang.String ).
  |     *
  |     * @jmx:managed-attribute
  |     *
  |     * @param pTargetMethod Name of the method to be called optional followed
  |     *                                by method arguments (see above).
  |     *
  |     * @throws InvalidParameterException If the given value is not of the right
  |     *                                   format
  |     */
  |    public void setTargetMethod( String pTargetMethod  )

Basically you can specify argument types, but what will be passed in will be null, which isn't much use.

In 4.0.3 some changes were made to the scheduling service including a separate config for the argument types versus the argument values. See:

http://docs.jboss.org/jbossas/jboss4guide/r3/html/ch10.html#ch10.sched.sect

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4211121#4211121

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4211121