[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - ejb3.deployer does not have access to ear scoped loader repo

barakka do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 18 16:45:05 EST 2009

Hello,

I'm using JBoss 4.2.3 and I would like to update one single ear application to the latest version Hibernate. To do that, I've placed all the needed libraries in the ear lib and used the jboss-app.xml to declare a scoped loader repository, such that the lib in my ear override the one in the default jboss lib dir.

The theory is fine, but then, in practice, I've discovered that the ejb3.deployer that is deploying my ejb (and most importantly the persistence unit) is still accessing the default lib, resulting in a classcast exception later on.

To further prove this, I've removed the hibernate libs from the jboss lib directory (after all they are in my ear lib, right?) and in turns our that I get a class not found exception for one of the classes in the hibernate lib (actually for any class in the hibernate lib). After debugging the jboss classloader, i discovered that the classes in question are looked for and cannot be found in the ejb3.deployer loader repository, that is of course different from the ear loader repository.

So, does any one have any idea on how I can tell the ejb3.deployer to use the ear loader repository? (I've seen something in case of a remoting connector, https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBREM-962, but i believe is not related to what i need).

Thanks,
Riccardo.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4211284#4211284

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4211284