[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - Issue deploying ejb

Naov do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 24 12:34:02 EST 2009

Hi, Im working with Eclipse and JBOSS 4.2.2GA.

I have a Quartz job class that is a MessageDrivenBean, I once deployed a VERY similar class with no problems, but now, when I try to deploy this one, i get the following errors:

WARN  [verifier] EJB spec violation:
  | Bean   : MyJob
  | Section: 15.7.2
  | Warning: A message driven bean must implement, directly or indirectly, the javax.ejb.MessageDrivenBean interface.
  |
  | 11:12:19,834 WARN  [verifier] EJB spec violation:
  | Bean   : MyJob
  | Section: 15.7.3
  | Warning: The message driven bean must declare one ejbCreate() method.
  |
  | 11:12:19,834 WARN  [verifier] EJB spec violation:
  | Bean   : MyJob
  | Section: 15.7.5
  | Warning: The message driven bean must declare one ejbRemove() method.

The class is like this:

  | public class MyJob implements Job, MessageDrivenBean, MessageListener {
  |
  | // Business Methods
  |

  | 	public void ejbRemove() throws EJBException {
  | 	}
  |

  | 	public void setMessageDrivenContext(MessageDrivenContext context) throws EJBException {
  | 	}
  |

  | 	public void onMessage(Message message) {
  | 	}
  |

  | 	public void ejbCreate() {
  | 		System.out.println("Quartz Job created");
  | 	}
  |
  | }

The issue is, first I forgot to add the methods so the violations appeared, but then I added the methods and still there was the violation message. I tried erasing the Temp and Work folders, the output classes so they recompile again, and also cleaned the project but the error still happens.

I'm sure it is not a jboss config problem, or that it has not to do with the ejb-jar.xml or jboss.xml because I still have this other jar in which the class is almost the same (just a previous version) and it continues to deploy correctly. [the jars only contain the class, both xmls and manifest file]

I think it has something to do with cache or something like that but I don't know elsewhere to look.

any ideas? :(

thanks in advance
best regards

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4212684#4212684