[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: Starting JBoss as a Service on Windows XP has an issue

parag.goyal do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 27 07:44:18 EST 2009

You are right,
In our development evoirnment we are working like this way only as you are suggesting .we are just removing the trailing slash.This is also true it is affecting JAVA_OPTS. But how is breaking command line i still could't understand.

Main problem is in our production envoirment where customer can be confused because of path problem(If they have installed some software which leave path with trailing back slash).That is why we are looking some other alternative(other than jbosssvc.exe of JBoss 4.2.2 AS) to install/start/stop/uninstall JBoss as a service on windows.

Even i am able to intall JBoss as a service succes SC.exe utility of windows with command as given below .

sc config JBAS42SVE displayname= "JBoss Application Server 4.32" binpath= "C:\Lang\JBoss\jboss-4.2.2.GA\bin\service.bat"  type= own start= auto depend= afd/tcpip .

By this way service is avaiable at Service Controller Page of windows XP .But now i am not able to start service its showing error 1053.

please tell me some alternative way to create JBoss window service.

parag

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4213716#4213716

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4213716