[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - invoke operations in jmx console return 403

mrwease do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 6 11:21:50 EST 2009

I have secured the JMX Console using SSL and LDAP.  I am able to successfully login to the JMX console and view everything but I get a 403 whenever I try any invoke operations.  I see nothing in the logs other than the 403 logged in the access log.  I am using jboss 4.2.2 but have been able to reproduce this on 4.2.3 and 5.0.0.  Would someone please point me in the right direction?  Here is the filter from my web.xml that has the mapping for JmxOpsAccessControlFilter.

      <filter-name>JmxOpsAccessControlFilter</filter-name>
      <filter-class>org.jboss.jmx.adaptor.html.JMXOpsAccessControlFilter</filter-class>
      <init-param>
        <param-name>updateAttributes</param-name>
        <param-value>UpdateAttributeRole</param-value>
        Comma-delimited Roles that define the JMX Operation denoting updation of Attributes
      </init-param>
      <init-param>
        <param-name>invokeOp</param-name>
        <param-value>InvokeOpRole</param-value>
        Comma-delimited Roles that define the JMX Operation denoting Invocation of Operations
      </init-param>

   <filter-mapping>
      <filter-name>JmxOpsAccessControlFilter</filter-name>
      <servlet-name>HtmlAdaptor</servlet-name>
   </filter-mapping>

Thanks in advance,
Keith

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4199837#4199837